Effective Date of Current Policy: March 1, 2015
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
What Information We Collect
We collect information you give us or permit us to access. This information may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- your name, username, email address, and password
- information from Third Party Services
- your contact information, such as your phone number or email
- social media information and profiles
- your credit card information (although we use a third party payment processor)
- billing address and shipping address, if you make purchases through the Services
- live chats and customer service emails and phone calls
- order history, designs, preferances and testimonials
- survey responses
- information about gift recipients provided by the giver.
Other information we may automatically collect includes, but is not limited to:
- the name of your internet service provider
- the IP address of the computer you use to access our Services
- your device identifier and hardware information
- the type of browser software you are using
- the operating system you are using
- the date and time you access our Services
- referring website URLs
- the website address, if any, you leave our website and travel to
- your home page customization preferences
- search engine search terms and advertising clicks/actions
- weblogs and other clickstream data
- cookie information
- other non-personally identifiable traffic data
- other information about your interactions with us.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"). Furthermore, we do not knowingly allow children under the age of 18 to use the Services or to set up an Account with us.
Most of the information we collect is gathered when you search, buy, post, participate in surveys or otherwise communicate with us. If you use our Services to make a purchase, we may request certain Personal Information from you to facilitate the transaction. You may also provide us with Personal Information when you use certain Services, such as subscribing filling our "Stay in Touch" form or signing up to the Services as a user or guest.
This may include contact information such as your name, email address, shipping address and billing address, among other information. We, or companies that provide services on our behalf, may also collect certain financial information from you, such as your payment method (including, but not limited to, your credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). Our payment processor stores and processes your credit card or other payment information using industry-standard security measures. By making a purchase through the Services, you give us consent to use and provide your financial information as we or our payment processor considers necessary to process the transaction.
If you contact us in person, by phone, email, instant message, live chat, social media, or by some other means (either through our Services or through Third Party Services), we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them. Some parts of our Services may be linked up with other accounts you have, such as your Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+ account ("Third Party Accounts"). If you link to Third Party Accounts from our Services, we may collect information about your use of the Third Party Account. If you mention us through a Third Party Account, we may collect publically available information and content related to your comment.
If you link your account on the Services with a Third Party Account, we may also collect and store publicly available information about your contacts and friends from the linked Third Party Account. This information may include their photos, names, email addresses, birthdays, interests or other content available when you access such profiles on those Third Party Services.
We may also collect and store information if you invite other users to the Services by providing us with their Personal Information.
Our Services may incorporate technology such as "pixel tags,"; "web beacons," and "cookies" that allow us to track the actions of users of our Services. Pixel tags or web beacons are tracking devices on websites or in e-mails that can monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the e-mail. Cookies are small files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We primarily use the information we collect and store to enhance, customize and personalize the Services and your experiences with 1 Atelier. Except if we sell all or a portion of our business, as described below, we do not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone. Some ways we may use your information may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- to facilitate the sale and delivery of your purchases
- to communicate with you about your purchase or other customer service issues
- to respond to your comments or questions
- to provide you with additional information or administrative messages
- to customize your experience with us
- to generate statistics to help us improve the customer experience
- to make the Services easier and more convenient for you (such as by prepopulating forms when you have already provided identical information)
- to provide recommendations to you
- to send you information and marketing materials
- to train our team members
- to operate, provide and improve our products and Services
- to analyze user behavior and trends
- for our other internal business purposes
Who We Share Information With
Third Party Service Providers:We may share or disclose your information to third party service providers to conduct our business. For example, a third party service provider may handle credit card processing, shipping, data management, email distribution, market research, information analysis, order fulfillment, marketing, data analytics, customer service, and promotions management. These third party service providers and other persons may also share with us information that they have independently developed or acquired. We may combine aggregate information from pixel tags, web beacons and cookies with similar data we collect from other visitors to help us improve our Services.
Agents: We may provide your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, agents, service providers and designees ("Agents") to enable them to perform certain services for us exclusively, including:
- order fulfillment
- payment processing
- website-related services such as web hosting
- improvement of website-related services and features
- maintenance services
- distribution of advertisements and other marketing materials on our behalf
Our Agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Affiliated businesses: We may work with other businesses from time to time. These affiliated businesses may sell items or provide promotions to you through the Services. We may also provide services or sell products jointly with the affiliated businesses. We will notify you when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will only share Personal Information with them that is related to your transaction or otherwise necessary.
Unsubscribing from 1 Atelier Communications
When you make a purchase from the Services, you will automatically be subscribed to our mailing list. You may also sign up for our mailing list on the Services. If you no longer wish to receive email or other communications from us, you can select the unsubscribe provision in our communications. Unsubscribing will stop you from receiving most types of communication, but it may not apply to emails about orders or transactions you place through the Services or to respond to your specific requests. We will honor your request to unsubscribe within ten (10) days. Due to production schedules, you may receive communications already in production.
Disabling Collection Tools
The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to disable some collection tools. If you disable certain collection tools, such as cookies, pixel tags or web beacons, you may not have access to many features and some of our Services and features may not function properly. However, you can still place product orders over the telephone by first emailing us at [email protected]. Note that our websites may not recognize or respond to Do Not Track (DNT) headers from web browsers.
Modifying or Deleting Personal Information
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you've provided to us:
- name and password
- mailing address
- billing address
- email address
- credit card information
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. 1 Atelier may keep information and content in our backup files and archives. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
How We Protect Personal Information
We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to help protect your information. We use secure servers when you place orders. All credit card information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted within our databases.
We may choose to transfer all or part of our business assets in a sale. If we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Although we do our best to protect your privacy, like other companies, 1 Atelier cannot guarantee 100% the security or confidentiality of the information you provide to us.